So if you are following me on social media (do it!!), you will know that le hubby and I have recently set off on our next adventure! Germany! I am uber excited for cold weather, Oktoberfest, and some AMAZINGGG German food.
But when it comes to international travel, it is important to be prepared when stepping on the airplane. 11 hours of flight time is no joke, and if you want to start off your vacation on the cutest foot possible, there are a few essentials you should definitely be stashing on your carry-on. Below are a few of my staples!
1. Cozy wrap- Airplanes are uncomfortable as it is, make sure to bring something to keep you warm when the temperatures drop. If your destination will be cold (like Germany...), this is perfect for the post-airport trip to your hotel.
2. Vaseline Lip Therapy- Travel can be very drying on your lips! This Vaseline product is my ultimate fave. Lasts for hours and tastes yummy. :)
3. Headphones- Forgetting your headphones is like the biggest no no in travel! How will you watch all of last years B-list movies without them?! I have had my pink Beats for years, they are so cute!
4. Trader Joe's Green Tea Mints- Between airplane food and a couple hours of mouth open half sleep, your breath could probably use a pick me up. Trust. But beware, these mints are addicting.
5. Cosmetic Bags- Make sure to keep all your smaller items compartmentalized so they are easier to find. The cute Clinique bags are actually a set that was free with a $27 purchase!
6. Make-up- I prefer to board the plane sans makeup, and apply before landing. It's better for your skin, and you will look more fresh upon arriving. The Too Faced eyeshadow palette pictured above is a new fancy find! 15 shades and an eyeliner pencil for only $15!
7. Work and School projects- You are going to have a loooooot of time on the plane, so if you have deadlines and assignments coming up, this is a good time to get ish done. As a grad student, there is always a list of things I can/should be getting done at any one moment. Get it done on the plane so you don't sacrifice vacation time for it!
8. Body Spray and Lotion- Sitting for hours. Cramped spaces. Tight clothes. You get it. Smell like you didn't just roll out of a cave. I love the Bombshell fragrance from VS, and their ultimate body care lotion is super hydrating. Just in case you don't want alligator skin on your vacay.
9. Mirror- Don't be the person that hogs the bathroom for 30 minutes to apply makeup. Have one handy and apply at your seat. I have had the Chanel compact above for years. While there is no longer makeup inside, it makes a stylish mirror that fits perfect in my bag.
10. Passport- Le duh.
**What I forgot to include in this picture is the large container of hand sanitizer I tote everywhere. Don't get sick before you even get to your destination!**
Hope this helps, and I'm excited to share more of our European adventure with all of you very soon!
Live for luxury? No trust fund, no problem!
Join the fancy free journey as we seek the
finer things in life, sans millions.
Every Day Makeup Routine
- Marie Claire, September 2016